Moving from Android to iOS (or vice-versa) can be a tough job. A lot of users end up losing their important data during the transition process. If you don’t want to go through so much hassle just to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS/XR/X, then you are at the right place. It might surprise you, but there are all kinds of ways to transfer your data from Android to iPhone. Users often wish to learn how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS via Bluetooth, Gmail, iTunes, etc.
In this guide, I’m going to answer all your questions and help you transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone like a pro.
If you are already using your Android device for a while, then you must be familiar with Gmail. All the Android devices are connected to a Google account, which helps us sync our data across multiple platforms. Therefore, you can easily transfer contacts from Android to iPhone X using Gmail. All you got to do is sync your Gmail account with your new iOS device. Here’s how you can do it.
1. To start with, you need to make sure that your contacts are saved on your Google account. To do this, go to the Account settings on your Android device. Visit the connected Google account and turn on the syncing option for your contacts.
2. After making sure that your contacts are synced with your Google account, unlock your iPhone and go to its Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. From here, you can choose to add a new account. The interface will provide third-party options like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. Tap on Gmail (or Google) to continue.
4. In order to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone X using Gmail, you need to log-in to your Google account. Enter your credentials to sign-in to your account successfully.
5. Furthermore, you need to grant your iOS device the permission to manage your Gmail account, calendars, contacts, etc. Tap on the “Accept” button.
6. After when the Gmail account has been successfully added to your device, visit its settings. Turn on the option to sync contacts with your Gmail account.
In this way, you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone X using Gmail. Remember, syncing is a two-way process. This means, all the existing contacts on your Gmail account will be made available on your iPhone X. At the same time, your iPhone contacts will also be saved on your Google account. Though, you should note that this method might not transfer the additional data related to a contact like their photo, ringtone, birthday, etc.
If you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS with a single click, then you should try iSkysoft Toolbox - Switch (iOS&Android).
Amazing Android to iPhone contacts transfer app 2019
The best thing about iSkysoft Toolbox - Switch (iOS&Android) is that . It supports the transfer of contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, and all the other major data types. Here’s how you can use it to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone X without Gmail or iTunes.
1. Launch the iSkysoft Toolbox on your system and connect both the Android and iOS devices to it using authentic cables.
2. From the welcome screen of the application, click on the “Switch” option. You can also backup and restore your data from other features of the tool.
3. In no time, both the devices would automatically be detected by the application. Since you have to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS, the source device should be Android while destination should be iPhone. You can use the flip button to make the needed adjustments.
4. Now, select the type of data that you wish to transfer. Besides contacts, you can also transfer other content as well. Click on the “Start Transfer” button after making the appropriate selections.
5. Wait for a few seconds as the application would transfer your data from the source to the target device. Make sure that both the devices are connected to the system till the process is completed.
6. As soon as the transfer is completed, you will be notified. In the end, you can just safely remove both the devices.
As you can see, iSkysoft Phone Transfer provides such a hassle-free solution to perform a cross-platform transfer of data. With the same application, you can take an extensive backup of your device as well and restore it afterward seamlessly.
It was a while back when Apple realized how tough it can be for its prospective users to move to an iOS device from an existing Android. To make things easier, it released the Move to iOS app. The app is freely available and can be downloaded on your existing Android device. Later, while setting up a new iPhone, you can choose to transfer data from an Android.
Though, the option is only available while setting up a new phone. If you are already using your iPhone XS, then you got to factory reset it beforehand, which will automatically erase its existing data. Therefore, we only recommend following this approach while setting up a new device. Here’s how you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS using Move to iOS.
1. Firstly, go to Google Play Store and download the Move to iOS app on your device.
2. Once the app is installed, launch it on your Android device. Also, turn on your iPhone XS and perform its initial setup. Make sure that both the devices are connected to the same Wifi network.
3. While setting up a new iOS device, you will get the following screen. Choose to move data from an Android device.
4. You will get the following confirmation screen on both the devices. Tap on the “Continue” buttons respectively.
5. On your new iPhone, you can see a one-time generated password. Type it on your Android phone to establish a secure connection between both the devices.
6. Wait for a while as both the devices would be connected. Afterward, you can select the type of data that you wish to transfer and confirm your choice.
7. Maintain a stable internet connection as your contacts would be copied from your Android to iOS device.
In this way, you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS wirelessly. Though, sometimes users face some compatibility issues and are not able to transfer other data types like photos or messages.
Another quick and smart way to move your contacts is by using a SIM card. If both the devices allow the connectivity of a SIM, then you can try this technique as well. Though, you should know that it will only transfer your contacts (and not any other multimedia content related to them like ringtone, photos, and so on). Also, some of the contacts and their fields might be lost in the process. Needless to say, make sure that your SIM card has the needed space to save your contacts.
Nevertheless, it is quite a simple approach that you can follow if you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone without Gmail. All you got to do is follow these steps.
1. Go to the Contacts app on your Android device and choose to manage your contacts.
2. Tap on the Import/Export feature and select the option for exporting contacts to the SIM card.
3. Confirm your choice and wait for a while as all the contacts would be saved on the SIM.
4. Now, remove the SIM card from your Android device and insert it to your new iPhone.
5. Once the SIM card is detected, go to your device’s Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
6. Scroll a bit and tap on the “Import SIM Contacts” option. Choose to import the contacts from SIM to your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also use iTunes to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS. The only drawback is that the feature doesn’t work with all the iTunes versions. Also, users have complained of facing unwanted issues while syncing their Google contacts with iTunes. If you want, you can give it a try by following these steps.
1. Before you proceed, make sure that the contacts on your existing Android device are synced with your Google account. Go your device’s account settings > Google and turn on the sync option for your contacts.
2. Now, connect your iPhone to the system and launch iTunes. Select your device and go to its Info tab.
3. From here, you can turn on the option to sync contacts and select Google account from the list. After making the appropriate selections, click on the “Apply” button.
4. Make sure that you have linked your Google account to iTunes. If not, go to its Account settings and configure your Google account.
After reading this guide, you would be able to explain how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS via Bluetooth, Gmail, iTunes, and more. Out of all the provided options to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS, iSkysoft Phone Transfer would be an ideal pick. Used by experts, it provides a fast, reliable, and direct device-to-device transfer solution. The application will make sure that you move from one phone to another without experiencing any data loss, which makes it a perfect choice from all the provided options.