Maybe you have used Android phones all through and have decided to move to iPhone. You have bought your new iPhone and want to start using it to call your friends and family.
However, you do not know how you will transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone. These two run on different operating systems and you simply do not know how to go about it.
Do not worry; you do not have to input all the contacts manually, which may be in the hundreds in terms of numbers. You will get to understand how to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone.
Get your devices and let's start the tutorials.
It is quite exciting when you move from an Android device to an iPhone; and the other way round too. You are basically starting to use a different operating system from the one that you are used to and this is exciting news.
However, moving large amounts of data, such as contacts may be a little confusing at first. Thankfully, you now have dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android), which is a data management tool for both iOS and Android, which will help you move contacts from Samsung to iPhone with one click.
This guide will take you through the simple steps that you have to follow, but first let us look at some of the features of dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android).
Best photo transfer tool from Android to iOS 2019
When moving from Samsung to iPhone, you definitely need to know how to transfer c0ontacts from android to iPhone.
As mentioned earlier, dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) is a fast and safe way to import contacts from Samsung to iPhone. It is fast, safe and accurate, and that is why it is the best way to go about making the transfer.
Step 1: Run dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) and connect the devices
Go to the authorized dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) page, download and install the tool to your computer before launching it. When you launch it, go to the "Switch"module.
Now connect the iPhone and Samsung to your computer using the USB cable that came with the devices. Let the application recognize the devices and list them on the Switch screen.
Now carefully look at the order in which the two devices are listed. The Samsung should be the source device and the iPhone should be the destination device.
If this order is not correct, you do not have to disconnect and reconnect the devices. The USB ports do not have any bearing on the order. Thankfully, dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) has a "Flip" feature which allows you to change the order with a simple click.
Get to the "Flip" button, in the middle section of the Switch Screen, and then click on it to change the order. Now you can proceed to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone.
Step 2: Choose the kind of data to be transferred
With dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android), you have full control over the data sets that will be transferred. The data includes Contacts, Calendar Entries, Calls Logs, SMS Messages, Videos, Audio, Images and so much more. For purposes of this tutorial, simply ensure that it is only the "Contacts"category which is selected and then finally click on "Start Transfer".
Step 3: Finish Transferring data from Android device to iPhone
With just one click of the button, all your contacts will be moved from the Samsung to the iPhone. The time takes to complete the transfer will depend on how large your contact list is, but it should be less than 5 to 10 minutes.
NOTE: You should not disconnect the two deices when the process is ongoing. This may cause data corruption.
dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) will conveniently notify you when the transfer has been completed. Now you can start calling and texting your friends and family on the iPhone just like you did on the Samsung device.
It is quite easy to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone using your Gmail account. Both Android and iOS have ways in which you can sync contacts, notes, calendar entries, etc. on your device. Here is the process that you follow to sync contacts from Samsung to iPhone.
1. From the Main Menu of the Samsung, go to the "Settings"options. Once there, access the "Accounts and Sync"feature.
2. Now select "Add Account", and from the list presented, choose "Gmail". Now go ahead and tap on "Next".
3. Now you have to get access to your Gmail account using your login ID and password. If you do not have a Gmail account, then you will have to create a new one. Once created, log into the account using your Samsung Device.
4. Once you are logged in, you have to choose the "Sync Contacts"option and then wait as the contacts are sent from the Samsung to the Gmail account.
1. The next step is to move the synced contacts from your Samsung to your iPhone.
2. Swipe up or Hold the Home button to access the "Settings on the iPhone".
3. Follow the onscreen prompts until you come to the feature where you "Add Account".
4. Select Gmail, and then log into the account using the same credentials that you used on the Samsung device.
5. Once you are in your Gmail account, Sync contacts once more and all the contacts will be sent to the iPhone.
This is how you can easily use Gmail to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone free.
The Move to iOS app is another great way to copy contacts from Samsung to iPhone. The app will transfer the contacts safely, but may be a bit slow. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Install and launch Move to iOS
Go to the Google Play Store and then download and install Move to iOS. You need to be on a Wi-Fi network on both devices. Since the process may take some time, you need to make sure that the batteries of both devices are fully charged.
Step 2: Set up the iPhone
Now go to the iPhone, Swipe upwards or press the home screen in order to set up the iPhone. Go to "Apps & Data". Look for the "Move Data from Android' option and then select it. This will allow the iPhone to accept information from the Move to iOS app.
Step 3: Start contacts transfer on Samsung
On the Samsung device, open up the Move to iOS app and then tap the "Continue" tab. You will be presented with Terms and Condition, which you must accept to by clicking on "Agree".
You will be presented with a "Find your Code"screen. Now go to the top right hand corner of this screen and tap on "Next".
Step 4: Get the code and input it on the Samsung
Go to your new iPhone and then select "Move from Android". Now go ahead and click on the "Continue"button. You will now be presented with a 10-digit or 6-digit code. Now pick up the Samsung device and on the "Find your Code"screen, type in the code that you have from the iPhone.
Step 5: Transfer the contacts
Now wait for the Transfer Data"screen. When the screen appears, simply select "Contacts"from the various categories presented to you. After that, click on the "Next"button.
The Samsung will start transferring your contacts to the iPhone and will show you when the transfer is complete.
However, you should not interrupt the process until the loading bar on the iPhone reaches the end.
The process will not take time, and within no time, you will be communicating on your new iPhone like you did on the Samsung.
It is also possible to send contacts from Samsung to iPhone through the use of your SIM card. This is perhaps the simplest way of transferring contacts from one device to another, but can take some time. Here is the process that you should use.
1. Go to the contacts list on your Samsung. Select the Menu button and then choose "Import/Export". This will give you a new menu and you should now choose the "Export Contacts to SIM card". Now click on the check box for all the contacts that you want to transfer.
2. Once you are done selecting the contacts, you may now click on the "Export button.
3. You will be presorted with a new window where you will be asked if you are sure about copying all contacts to the SIM card.
4. Go ahead and click on "OK"or "Yes"and then all your Samsung contacts will be transferred to the SIM card.
1. Now switch off the Samsung device and then remove the SIM card. Go ahead and transfer the SIM card to your new iPhone.
2. Now go to the iPhone and then select the "Contacts"option. Click on the "Menu"button and finally select "Import/Export".
3. IN this case, you need to choose the "Import Contacts from SIM card"option.
4. Now select all the contacts that you want to import.
5. When you are finally done, press on "Import". Once again you will be asked if you are sure about moving the contacts from SIM to iPhone. Click on "Yes"or "OK"and then wait for the contacts to be moved.
Although this is a simple process, it may take some time due to the maximum number of contacts that can be fitted on a SIM card. If you have more than 500 contacts, you may need to repeat the process more than once.
As you have seen, there are several ways in which to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone. They may be as simple as switching SIM card, or using apps like Move to iOS. However, if you really want to move your contacts from Samsung to iPhone, you should use dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android), because it gives you full control over how the contacts will be moved.
When using dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android), you are sure that you data is safe and cannot be corrupted. The tool is faster than all the other methods listed above. If you want to manage the data on your devices, apart from just contacts, then dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) is your best option.
Get dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) now and never have to worry about how to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone.