In this article, we will provide information about WAV file recovery software. We will also guide you how to repair corrupted WAV files.
A .wav file is a short form of "waveform audio file." It is commonly used in the Windows computers since Microsoft introduced it for the Windows 3.1 operating system. The .wav audio format gives excellent audio quality but is not as popular as other formats like mp3 because of its large size.
WAV audio files like any other files can get corrupted for various reasons; usually, an unexpected computer shutdown or software crashes.
If your WAV file is corrupted you can either repair it or recover it using professional WAV audio recovery software.
Download the iSkysoft Data Recovery software to your computer. Follow the wizard for installation.
After successful installation launch the program. For recovering deleted WAV files select "Deleted Files Recovery" mode.
Select the drive where you previously saved your WAV files. Then click the “Start” button.
The scanning process will finish a scan in a few seconds.
Now you can preview all the deleted files. Select the WAV files that you want to recover and press "Recover".
In case you are not able to recover your WAV files using Deleted File Recovery Mode, select "All-Around Recovery" mode which scans in-depth and recovers more data.
If you have deleted a file with SHIFT+DELETE there are all chances that you will find your audio files in recycle bin.
Open the recycle bin and look for deleted WAV files. If you find your files here right-click the file and press restore. The WAV files will be restored at its original destination.
You can recover WAV files from Windows backup if you have enabled backup option.
1. Press the Windows button and press on “Control Panel”
2. Select System and Security > Backup and Restore > Restore my files.
3. Browse the folders where you had stored your WAV audio files.
4. You can restore all the WAV audio files that are saved before the last backup.
1. Open Device Manager, right-click the audio driver and then select Uninstall.
2. Restart your computer and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
3. Alternatively, you can install the drive for your sound card by downloading from the internet or from the CD drive that came with your computer or laptop.
You can easily fix corrupted WAV files using VLC media player.
Download the VLC media player here.
You can easily recover or repair WAV files using the above tips. Please let us know if you were able to repair the corrupted WAV file using any of the above solutions?