Windows Preinstallation environment popularly known as WinPE refers to a lightweight version of Windows used for the deployment of PCs, workstations, and servers or troubleshooting operating systems while offline. WinPE has gone through various updates to make it ideal for the needs of the current market and consumers. If you have never worked with a Windows Preinstallation environment before, don't worry, this article will show you what is WinPE exactly and how it works in detail.
Windows PE for Windows 10 refers to a small Is that's used for installing, deploying as well as repairing Windows 10 for many desktop versions(Home, enterprise, Pro and Education). windows server 2016 as well as other Windows OS. Using Windows PE, you can perform the following operations:
- Setting up hard drive before installing Windows.
- Install Windows by use of scripts or apps from a local drive or a network.
- Capturing and applying Windows images.
- Modifying the operating system when it stops running.
- Setting up automated recovery tools.
- Recovering data from unbootable gadgets
- Adding your own custom shell or even GUI for automating these types of tasks.
Windows PE usually operates the Windows command one environment and supports the following window features:
1. Batch scripts&files including supporting Windows Script Host (WSH), ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) & Support for Powershell(optional).
2. Apps including Win32 App programming interfaces (APIs)& supporting HTML Apps(optional) .
3. Drivers include a set of drivers(generic) which can operate graphics, networking as well as mass storage gadgets.
4. Capturing images & servicing. This includes Deployment Image Servicing& Management(DISM).
5. Networking includes connecting to the file servers by the use of TCP/IP as well as NetBIOS over IP/TCP through LAN.
6. Storage, Diskpart, NTFS as well as BCDBoot.
7. Security gadgets including optional support for bit locker as well as Trusted Platform Module(TPM), tools, and secure boot.
8. Hyper-v, mouse integration, VHD files, network drivers allowing the Windows PE to operate in a hypervisor.
It is good to note that windows PE has the same requirements as a normal windows OS but with a few exceptions:
1. It requires no hard drive. You can operate Windows PE solely from memory.
2. The base version needs a memory of the only 512MB. (In case you need to add packages, drivers, or Apps, you'll require more space)
3. So that you can boot Win PE straight from memory (also called RAM disk boot), an adjacent portion of physical memory (RAM) that can accommodate Win PE image has to be available. It optimizes the use of memory. Manufacturers have to ensure that their firmware spares memory location either at the start or the end of the memory of the address space.
Generally speaking, Windows PE is running in a professional order, and that is a little bit complicated for almost all readers on this post, especially when you have no technical skills about Windows systems before. So here, we don't want to spend too much time explaining how the Windows PE works in a professional way but to show you how does the Windows PE helps you to recover data from an unbootable system easily.
To reach it, you don't need to create a WinPE by yourself, just find a data recovery software that comes with the Windows PE as your assistant. That's why Recoverit (IS) or Recoverit is recommended here. This program has a great upgrade in recent days, and the new version allows users to create a bootable media files with the built-in Windows PE for recovering data from a failed system. What's more, it requires no professional skills of Windows PE or any Windows system. The whole process can be done by following the onscreen simple instructions. Cool, right?
Now, let's have a look at the main features of this powerful Windows PE Data Recovery software.
With Windows PE, you can do lots of things to any type of Windows system. And the Windows PE Recovery software allows you to recover data from unbootable devices within few clicks. You can click the above button to download, install and launch this prominent program on your computer, then follow the guide to learn how to recover data after a system crash or unbootable.