Apple ID holds significance in defining the security and privacy of an Apple device. Every device designed by Apple is somehow to the Apple ID, which explains its importance in the market. While the Apple ID has set a precedent among users, it can be problematic in many instances.
On issues of hacking and unauthorized activities, Apple ID gets locked or disabled, which needs critical observation. This article counters the issues caused within the Apple device that leads to a locked Apple ID. Following this, a comprehensive overview of the methods is here to help you easily unlock your Apple ID.
In this article
Part 1: Why is My Apple ID Locked or Disabled?
Did you find your Apple ID locked for no reason some morning? While this confuses you, it is essential for you to realize the reasons why you are locked out of Apple ID. As you receive the message "Your Apple ID has been locked," you will seek the reasons for facing such a problem. Dive into the reasons to know why your Apple ID gets locked or disabled:
- Unauthorized and Frequently Failing Login Attempts: If you or someone else has been trying to log into the Apple ID and failing continuously, the Apple ID gets locked. Furthermore, if the logins are from unfamiliar locations, it can lead to such a case. Usually, devices connected to a VPN can also act abnormally.
- iPhone has been Hacked: The Apple ID disables instantly if Apple recognizes unusual hacking activities on your Apple device. If you have an iPhone compromised by hacking, the Apple ID gets disabled to protect the device from data breaches. To avoid such issues, avoid performing unofficial operations on your device and enable security measures for your iOS devices.
- Illegitimate Access: If someone with the wrong credentials of your Apple ID has been trying to access it, the Apple ID will be instantly locked. In some situations, if you would have forgotten about your account credentials, you will face the same fate with your Apple ID.
- Unauthorized Purchases and Multiple Logins: For users whose devices record abnormal logins on their App Store or iTunes, these accounts are disabled to avoid unprecedented actions. It is possible that someone with unauthorized access to your Apple ID is trying to purchase something on the App Store. Such issues also lead to disabled Apple ID.
Part 2: How to Quickly Unlock an Apple ID That's Locked or Disabled? [Recommended Method]
While you seek a remedy to unlock your Apple ID without wasting time, a forgotten password can cause quite an issue. If you cannot remember your Apple ID's password, there is a need to find a proper solution to it. Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) comes in with a great solution in the form of an unlocking tool. This platform provides iOS users with the option of unlocking their locked Apple ID.
Prominent Features of Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS)
Unlock all types of screen lock on iOS device within clicks, including iCloud Activate lock, MDM lock, 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Apple ID, Touch ID, Face ID, screen time passcode, etc.
Remove the screen lock in any scenarios anytime, such as forgot passcode, the device is disabled, second-hand device, unknown passcode, etc.
Unlock iCloud activation lock without jailbreak.
Remove MDM profile & bypass MDM lock without data loss.
No technical knowledge required.
Steps to Unlock Apple ID with Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS)
We will now dive into the steps to unlock the Apple ID of a device that is locked or disabled. For this purpose, we will be putting Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock into use:
Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone and Proceed to Screen Unlock.
Download and install the latest version of Dr.Fone and continue to launch the tool to select "Screen Unlock" from the options. Continue to the next screen to look for the "Remove Apple ID" option from the list.
Step 2. Trust Device and Start Unlocking Apple ID.
As you lead next, you have to trust the connection of the iPhone with the computer. Open your iPhone and tap "Trust" to proceed with the unlocking. You will have to select "Unlock Now" on the computer's screen to initiate the process.
Step 3. Put Device in Recovery Mode and Successfully Remove the Apple ID.
Following this, you will have to put your iPhone in Recovery Mode. Follow the instructions and put your device in Recovery Mode, which also initiates the process. The iPhone will start unlocking and will conclude in a while. A prompt window will appear showing the successful unlocking of the Apple account.
Why is Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) an Effective Option to Work with?
Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) stands as one of the best solutions for its feature-rich options. While it supports all major iPhone models, it executes the process proficiently. The tool does not require users to jailbreak their devices under challenging situations. Along with that, you will find this procedure to be exceptionally simple.
Part 3: How to Fix Apple ID Locked in Security Reasons?
Although Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) is the most appropriate technique to fix issues with Apple ID if hacked or disabled, other techniques exist as an alternative. There can be multiple scenarios that require a proper explanation. The following section offers appropriate fixes to unlock Apple ID:
Unlock Apple ID By Resetting Your Password
You know the Apple ID password for this scenario, but it is locked as the device has detected hacking activities. If that is the case, you will have to press the "Unlock Account" option against the prompt for the Apple ID. Continue to add the phone number and receive a confirmation code against it. You should change the password when the iPhone prompts to unlock the Apple ID.
Use Apple iForgot
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password, the iforgot website is a great source to access your locked account. As you access the website, provide the Apple ID and continue to offer the phone number. As you verify the phone number, a reset password prompt is sent to the device associated with the Apple ID. Reset and retrieve the Apple ID again along with your device.
Part 4: How to Fix Disabled Account in App Store and iTunes?
What if you have a disabled Apple ID account that requires restoration? As it might be connected to your App Store or iTunes, the issue can be directly associated with these services. On the other hand, you won't be able to use these services until you enable your account. Either way, you need appropriate solutions to resolve Apple ID disabled accounts:
- It might be possible that there are some restrictions set on your App Store or iTunes. If this is the case, you will have to turn off or check these restrictions to avoid disabled Apple IDs.
- You might have an outdated Apple ID payment method and billing information. If the payment is not processing, the Apple device might disable the Apple ID.
- You must ensure that the date and time of your iPhone are set under the local time. If there are issues with the date and time, problems can arise with the Apple ID.
- Ensure that there are no pending purchases left against your Apple ID. You might have a disabled Apple ID for pending purchases, so cover all purchases.
- If you are unable to resolve issues with your Apple ID, contact Apple Support for a solution.
Part 5: FAQs about Locked Apple ID
Q1. How can I delete my locked Apple ID?
A1: To delete your locked Apple ID, access the website of Apple's Data and Privacy website. Log in with the credentials and continue to the "Delete your account" section. Select the "Request to delete your account" option and provide a reason from the options. As you tap "Continue," follow the instructions to delete your account successfully.
Q2. How long does an Apple ID stay locked?
A2: If you accidentally lock your Apple ID, it takes 24 hours to unlock your Apple ID. While you can try unlocking it after 24 hours, you will have to provide appropriate credentials and verifications.
Q3. What happens if your Apple ID gets locked?
A3: When the Apple ID gets locked, the user needs to reset their password to regain access. If it gets locked, you won't be able to use any services of Apple iPhone that utilize iCloud, Find My, or any other Apple service that is in direct coordination with Apple ID.
Whenever you face issues with a locked Apple ID, this article has given you some quick remedies. Do not stress over losing your iPhone's data and services if you have faced some hacking threats. The practical methods to unlock Apple ID, as provided in the article, will help you greatly. You would've gone through the details to know more about the procedures.