iSkysoft Toolbox - Android Data Recovery User Guide
- Part 1. Recover Deleted/Lost Data Directly from Android Devices
- Part 2. Recover Deleted/Lost Data from SD Card
Part 1. Recover Deleted/Lost Data Directly from Android Devices
Step 1. Connect Android Phone with Computer
Run iSkysoft Toolbox for Android on your computer and click “Data Recovery”.
Next, use a USB cable to connect your Android device with your computer. Please make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone.
1. For users using Android version 2.3 or earlier: tap on Settings > Applications > Development. Click the box next to USB Debugging.
2. For users using Android version 3.0 to 4.1: tap on Settings > Developer Options. Click the box next to USB Debugging.
3. For users using Android version 4.2 or later: tap on Settings > About Phone > Build Number 7 times. Tap on. This should enable the developer mode, and your device informs you of the same with the message "You are under developer mode". Go back to the Settings > Developer Options. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
Step 2. Select the File Type(s) You Want to Recover
In order to save the time on scanning files, instead of selecting all file types to scan, I suggest you select the file type(s) you wish to recover to scan. It surely will shorten the time. Simply tick the box next to the desired file type. Once you choose the desired file types, click on the "Next" button.
Step 3. Select Scan Mode
After you click on "Next", a new popup window opens up. Here, you are offered two different Scan Modes to choose from – the "Standard Mode" and the "Advanced Mode". The Standard Mode performs a basic scan for deleted files on your device. On the other hand, the Advanced Mode performs an in-depth scan of your device, thereby taking more time.
Step 4. Preview and Recover Data on Android Phone
It takes a few minutes for the software to scan your Android device. After then, the result is displayed in the main window in categories. Next, you can choose corresponding files to preview and recover.
Part 2. Recover Deleted/Lost Data from SD Card
If you have lost some data on your SD card, you can try iSkysoft Toolbox for Android to recover it as well. Just follow the steps below.
Step 1. Install SD Card to Handset or a Card Reader
Launch iSkysoft Toolbox for Android and click “Data Recovery”.
Next, in the new pop-up window, click to choose “Android SD Card Data Recovery”.
Last, use a card reader or an Android device to connect it to your computer. Choose the way which is easier for you.
When connected successfully, you will see the window as below. Select it and click “Next”.
Step 2. Select a scan mode to scan your SD card
In the next window, two scan modes are offered for Android SD card recovery. Generally, I suggest you try Standard Mode, which will save your time. If the mode can’t find the files you need, then try “Advance Mode”.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Data from SD card
In the result window, you can see the found data is sorted into categories. Next, choose the files and preview them whether they are the one you need or not. When find the needed data, select it and click “Recover”.