THis guide will clear all the confusions on how to unlock iPhone XS/X with Face ID
Apple’s iPhone XS/iPhone X has extra security like Apple’s other devices. With the Face ID unlock system Apple has made iPhone more secure and safe for users to use it. But sometimes Face ID creates unwanted issues or sometimes it doesn’t work properly. As a result a lot of users don’t like to use Face ID to unlock their iPhone every time. If you are one of them and you probably don’t want to unlock iPhone XS/X without Face ID then you need to read this article. In this article, you will be able to clear all the confusions on how to unlock iPhone XS/X with Face ID and mainly learn how you can easily unlock your iPhone with passcode instead of Face ID. You will also get all the information you need with a step by step guideline on unlocking iPhone when Face ID unlock failed. So, can you unlock iPhone XS/X without Face ID? The answer is yes and you can get details if you read this article.
Unlocking iPhone XS/X with passcode instead of Face ID is a smart choice and it’s more secure in some ways. A lot of iPhone users ask this common question – “Can you unlock iPhone X without face id?” It’s possible and it’s really easy if you can follow this guideline below.
1. First you need to navigate to the "Settings" menu on your iPhone to set up a passcode.
2. Then select "Face ID & Passcode" and tap on "Turn Passcode On" option.
3. Now you need to set a six-digit passcode or a four-digit numeric passcode by selecting "Passcode Options".
4. Finally provide your new passcode and confirm it by typing it in again. Now, it’s all done and you are ready to go. From now on, you’ll be able to unlock your iPhone with the passcode instead of a Face ID.
If you want to unlock iPhone XS/X without Face ID but Face ID unlock failed, then there is nothing to panic about. With the help of dr.fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) you can easily unlock iPhone lock screen without passcode. It has a simple and user friendly process which can easily unlock iPhone passwords. It’s also compatible with the latest iPhone XS/XS (Max)/X and also iOS 12. Here is how to use this tool to unlock iPhone when Face ID unlock failed.
1. Download, install and launch the program on your computer. Click on the “Unlock” button to proceed.
2. Next you need to connect your iPhone to the computer by using a good quality USB cable and click on the “Start” button to proceed.
3. If you want to crack iPhone lock screen, you need to boot the device in DFU mode. To put your device in DFU mode you need to switch off your iPhone. Then press and hold the “Volume Down” button and the Power button together for almost 10 seconds. After that, release the “Power” button but hold the “Volume Down” button until the iPhone is in DFU mode.
4. When you device is in DFU mode, the software will show you your device information and details. Check if everything is correct or not, you can change the information if you want. Then click on the “Download” button to download the firmware of your device.
5. After the firmware is downloaded, click on the “Unlock Now” button to unlock your iPhone. Within a few seconds, your iPhone will be unlocked but this will wipe the data on your device. So you need to make sure that you always backup your data regularly.
Face ID is an advanced security system for every iPhone XS/X. So it’s important for every iPhone user to know about this lock system for future use. Also if you want to unlock iPhone XS without Face ID, then you need to know some important things about it. In that sense, here are some tips on iPhone XS Face ID.
You can easily use iPhone XS/X without registering your face with Face ID, if you do not want to use your iPhone with facial recognition security. But you need to know that without Face ID, you won’t be able to unlock your iPhone with a simple face scan and by looking at the iPhone. Instead of that you will need to use a passcode to unlock your device.
You can easily avoid the entire Face ID facial scanning system during the first device setup process and you can just use a passcode security system to unlock and use your iPhone device.
1. Hold on both of the “Volume” and “Power” button for some time and you will get an interface on your screen like below.
2. Now you need to cancel the "slide to power off" option and then you'll need to provide your passcode to unlock your iPhone.
1. You need to click on the Side button five times in a hurry and you'll get to access The “Emergency SOS” mode to proceed.
2. In this option, you will find a countdown mode. You need to cancel the process and then you can provide your passcode to unlock your iPhone XS/X.
Suppose, if you setup the Face ID system at the beginning, you can easily disable it later anytime if you want. You can either turn off Face ID system completely or temporarily disable Face ID on your iPhone device with a various kind of methods and tricks.
If you have skipped the Face ID setup process at first, you can configure and enable is at any time on your iPhone. All you need to do is, go to the Settings menu and navigate to “Face ID & Passcode” settings options.
If you don’t use Face ID, you won’t be able to have any Face ID capabilities but there is nothing much to lose actually. You will also lose access to some nice Face ID features, such as:
Actually Face ID is the biometric security replacement and there is no Touch ID on iPhone X. Basically not using Face ID will leave you only to enter a passcode for authenticating your usage, unlocking, using Apple Pay and wallet, confirming purchases, downloading from iTunes and the App Store, Apple Cash, and other features that requires authentication.
Reading this article will help many users like you to unlock iPhone XS/X without Face ID. Being one of the common issues of iPhone, you don’t need to panic at all when you want to know – “Can you unlock iPhone XS/X without Face ID?” Just follow the step by step guideline from this article and you will easily get to know, how to unlock iPhone with passcode instead of a Face ID. If Face ID is irritating and uncool to you, then removing it would be the best option for you. Also if Face ID unlock failed and you are unable to unlock your iPhone, then you need to use dr.fone – Unlock (iOS) to simply unlock your iPhone with a few clicks.