The newest iPhones have great features and stylish looks. On that note, iPhone XS and XR comes in town. These devices have attracted users all around the world since day 1 and it’s increasing with time. So it’s obvious that old iPhone users will love to upgrade their models and have the taste of iPhone XS and XR. But the catch is, how will you transfer data from old iPhone 6/7/8/X to iPhone XS/XR? You won’t have to worry about that because in this article we are going to show you how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone XS using iTunes, without iTunes and via Automatic Setup. Not only that, you will learn how to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone XS/XR in 1 click. Transferring data is a very common issue among a lot of iPhone users. So this article will help all those iPhone users who struggle to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone XS/XR.
If you iPhone is updated to iOS 11 or later, you can use any iPhone 6/7/8/X to set up a new iPhone XS/XR by transferring the settings from your old device to your new device. But both of the devices need to be in close physical proximity. Here is how to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone XS:
1. At first you need to keep your new and old iPhones in closely and select your language on the new iPhone XS/XR.
2. Now a popup will appear on your new iPhone that will ask you to set up your new iPhone with your Apple ID. Just tap on “Continue” to move forward through process.
3. Then you need to scan the image that appears on your new iPhone screen, by using your old iPhone.
4. Next you need to provide your old iPhone's passcode on your new iPhone. This will connect the devices easily.
5. Now you need to set up Touch ID on your new iPhone.
6. After that an option will come up like on your new iPhone XS/XR like, choosing to restore your new iPhone from your most recent backup.
7. Choose an iCloud or iTunes backup to restore your iPhone and set up your new iPhone. In this case, you need to choose the backup file you created from your old iPhone few moments ago.
8. Now you need to agree to the terms and conditions.
9. Tap on “Continue” under “Express Settings”. So that the settings can be used for Siri, Find My iPhone, Location, and usage analytics that were transferred over from your old iPhone.
10. Finally complete the setup process.
A lot of iOS device users and even non users know about iTunes. But it’s actually very time consuming and technical to use iTunes for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone XS/XR. You can’t selectively transfer any file and the whole process will erase data from old device. So we definitely suggest you not to use iTunes for transferring files when you have a better option. If you don’t know how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone XS using iTunes, here is how:
1. Download and install iTunes on your computer and connect your old iPhone to the computer via USB cable. Launch iTunes and click on the device icon on the upper left side. Then choose “Summary” from the left column.
2. Now you need to select “This computer” in the “Backups area” and click on the “Back Up Now” button. Then click on “Apply” to make a backup of your old iPhone.
3. Next you need to connect your new iPhone XS/XR to the computer via USB cable and launch iTunes. Now in the same way, just click on the device icon on the upper left side and select “Summary” from the left column.
4. Finally click on the “Restore Backup” button and choose the latest backup of your old iPhone. Then click on the “Restore” button to start transferring data.
If you don’t know how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without iTunes, then this part is just for you. You can easily transfer data from iPhone to iPhone XS/XR via iCloud backup. But this process will work when you are setting up a new device. You will have to reset your device if you want to transfer to an old device. Here is how to do it.
1. First you need to unlock your old iPhone and navigate to “Settings”. Now go to “iCloud” and tap on “Backup”.
2. Then you need to turn on the iCloud backup option and tap on the “Back Up Now” button to create a backup.
3. After creating a backup of your old iPhone, turn on your new iPhone to start the restoring process.
4. First you need to slide the screen to begin the set up process and select iCloud backup to restore the device.
5. First you need to log-in to your iCloud account and make sure that you are using the same account where the backup is stored from your old iphone.
6. Finally tap on agree to the terms & conditions and choose the backup file you want to restore. Then wait for some time until the whole iCloud backup is restored to your new iPhone XS/XR.
If you don’t know how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone or any other data type, then the best tool you can use is iSkysoft Toolbox - Switch (iOS&Android). This amazing tool will allow you to transfer data from your old iPhone to new iPhone XS/XR in just one click. It’s totally safe and risk-free. You can also directly back up your iPhone data or restore iPhone data from iCloud/iTunes backup. Here is how to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone XS/XR in 1 click:
1. First you need to download, install and launch the software in your computer.
2. Next you need to click on the “Start” button to go to the transfer window from “Switch” tab. Then connect your old iPhone device and new iPhone XS/XR to your computer by using a good quality USB cable. After successfully connecting the devices, the program will automatically scan your old iPhone device. When the scanning is finished, the program will display all the file types that are available for transfer from your old iPhone as below image.
3. Finally you need to select any data type that you want to transfer such as Contacts, Photos, Text Messages etc. and click on the “Start Transfer” button to finish the phone to phone transfer process.
Data transfer can be confusing sometimes if you don’t know how exactly you can get the best result and solve your problem. Transferring data from old iPhone to iPhone XS is easy when you have a step by step guideline to follow. With the help of this article, you will easily learn how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone XS easily in no time. These are the best 4 ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone XS/XR but the best way to do it is by using iSkysoft Toolbox - Switch (iOS&Android). This amazing tool will offer you no data loss and 100% safe data transferring system in the quickest way possible. So without wasting any time on any other ways, just start using this software for transferring data between devices. There is nothing to regret with iSkysoft Toolbox - Switch (iOS&Android).