Getting a new iPhone is an exciting experience. You probably had to spend the chilling morning hours in a queue waiting to buy the latest iPhone model for your Apple store.
Obviously, you have a burning desire to start using your new iPhone just like you did the old one; you need to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone and get on with enjoying the new features.
This article will show you several ways in which you can move everything from iPhone to iPhone easily and with speed. You will get to know how you can do this without losing any data at all.
So let get on with it.
If you are wondering how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another without using iCloud, then you should wonder no more.
You can do this by using your computer and iTunes.
One thing that you should be aware of is that making an encrypted backup of your iPhone is the best way transfer everything including passwords and such data to the new iPhone. It helps since you do not need to create these afresh on the new device.
You will need an original USB cable and you may have to download some apps to make sure that you are running the updated versions, but overall, the process is quite fast.
Here is how you go about it.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes on your computer
2. Connect the old iPhone to the computer using the original USB cable
3. Now go ahead and launch iTunes
4. When the iPhone appears on the menu bar, click on it.
5. Now click on "Encrypt Backup". If this is the first time that you are creating an encrypted backup on iTunes, you will be asked to add a password.
6. Now click on the "Back up Now" tab.
7. If you are asked to backup apps, you should skip this step. They will be downloaded again and will have the latest versions.
8. Now unplug the old iPhone and turn it off. Now remove the SIM card from the old iPhone and place it in the new iPhone.
9. Turn on the new iPhone and then connect it to your computer, using the original USB cable that it came with.
10. Slide up or press the home button in order to start setting up the new iPhone.
11. Follow the onscreen prompts and set up the Wi-Fi network.
12. Now click on "Restore from iTunes Backup".
13. Go to your computer and then click on "Restore from this Backup".
14. Go through the list of iTunes backup files and then select the one that you created a few minutes ago.
15. Click on "Continue", and then enter the password of your encrypted backup when you are asked by iTunes.
16. Now patiently wait for the backup to proceed. It will take some time for the process to come to a conclusion, depending on the size of the backup file.
Note that some of the apps will be downloaded again in the latest versions and this may extend the restoration period.
The iPhone may get a little warm because of this extended use for the first time. All processors and battery will be working overtime in order to get the restoration done properly.
You can also transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone without having to use the computer. With the iCloud service offered by Apple, you can easily move the data over a wireless network.
Before you move any data, you should make another full back up on iCloud. This will enable you to move everything, including that SMS you got from your buddy congratulating you on getting a new iPhone.
Here is the process that you should follow in order to transfer everything to the new iPhone.
1. Pick up your old iPhone and access the "Settings".
2. Tap on the banner for "Apple ID".
3. Follow this by tapping the "iCloud" icon.
4. Now tap "iCloud Backup", followed by "Back up Now".
5. Be patient and wait for the full backup to be completed. Switch off the old iPhone when the process is complete.
6. Now, open up the old iPhone and remove the SIM card.
7. Take the SIM card and insert it into the new iPhone.
8. Power up the new iPhone
9. Press the Home button, or Slide your finger upwards to start setting up the new iPhone. (Action depends on the iPhone that you are using).
10. Follow the on-screen prompts in order to select the language you want to use and also set up the Wireless network that you will use.
11. Now click on "Restore from iCloud Backup".
12. Use your Apple ID and Password to log into your iCloud account.
13. Now click on "Next" followed by "Agree".
14. Tap "Agree" for the second time.
15. Now choose the backup that you just made a few minutes ago.
Once again, the duration that it will take to restore the new iPhone from the backup will depend on how much data you had. You should make sure that your Wi-Fi network is not being used by other devices so as to speed up the process.
The initial extended use of the new battery may make the iPhone become warm for a while. This should not worry you, as it is just the processors and Wi-Fi adaptors working overtime for the first time. Do not forget that everything has to be placed in the right spot and the Spotlight Search System indexing done accordingly.
The above methods are the most common when it comes to moving everything from one iPhone to another. They are ways that were first created by Apple strictly for use by iOS device owners. However, there is a new tool that makes the transfer of everything from iPhone to iPhone a walk in the park.
dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) is a feature-rich iOS and Android management tool, which allows you to move content from one iPhone to another with just a few clicks of your mouse.
This guide shows you all that you need to know about transferring data from one iPhone to another.
Best photo transfer tool from Android to iOS 2019
You ask yourself, "How do I transfer everything to my new iPhone?"
Well, dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) is the fastest and safest way to transfer all iPhone files and data to a new iPhone. It is seedy and accurate, making it the best way to safeguard your data as it is moved to the new iPhone.
Step 1: Run dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) and connect the devices
Access the official dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) download page, get it and install it on your computer before launching it. Once started, go to the home screen and then click on the "Switch" tab.
Connect your two iPhone devices, using original USB cables to avoid data corruption. The two devices will be recognized by the application and listed on the switch screen.
Before you proceed, make sure that the two devices are listed in the proper order. The old iPhone must be listed as the source device and the new iPhone as the destination or target device. In case the order is not right, dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) allows you to switch the order without disconnecting the iPhones.
Click on the "Flip" button found at the top of the middle column. This will flip the order of the devices to the correct order. Now you can go ahead and prepare to transfer everything to new iPhone.
Step 2: Choose the kind of data to be transferred
dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) allows you to choose the kind of data that you want to move to the new iPhone. The data includes Videos, Music, Photos, SMS Messages, Calendar Entries, Call Logs, Contacts and so much more. In this particular case, you want to move everything in one simple move. So make sure that all the categories are selected. Finally click on "Start Transfer".
Step 3: Finish Transferring data from Android device to iPhone
That one simple click will start the transfer of everything from iPhone to iPhone. The process will take a while, so you might as well go and watch your favorite TV show and wait for the transfer to be completed.
NOTE: Do not disconnect the two devices from the computer to avoid any data loss or corruption.
Being an intuitive application, dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) will conveniently alert you when the transfer is complete. You will get a notification telling you that the transfer was successful.
Verizon Cloud is another way how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another. It works like most other cloud storage sites. It allows you to upload all data to your Verizon Cloud account and then download it to your new iPhone. There are two ways to go about this - a manual method that uses Wi-Fi and an automatic method.
1. Start off by connecting your iPhone to a wireless network and then download the Verizon Cloud app from the Apple Store.
2. On the Verizon Cloud App, click on Manual Setup
3. Click on "OK" once you are prompted to connect the iPhones manually.
4. Now go ahead and click on "Start Transfer".
5. Now go to the new iPhone and click on "This is my new phone", followed by "Next".
6. Now choose the "iPhone to iPhone" option and then click on "Next".
7. The devices will now pair up, and once done, click on "Continue".
8. Finally tap on "Confirm" in order to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone.
9. Wait for the transfer process to be completed and then click on "Done".
1. Go to the Verizon Cloud Content Transfer App on both the old and new devices and click on "Start Transfer".
2. Now go ahead and choose the "This is my new phone" option and then tap on "Next".
3. Now choose the "iPhone to iPhone" option and then click on "Next".
4. Now hover the OLD iPhone OVER the NEW iPhone and quickly scan the QR code that will appear on the screen of the new device.
5. Now tap on "Confirm" to authorize the pairing of the two devices.
6. Once the notification of completion of the transfer is complete, click on "Done".
If you did not know how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another, you should be very well versed on how to do so now. There are many ways to accomplish this task, and some of the methods are tedious and full of risks of data corruption or loss. dr.fone - Phone Transfer (iOS&Android) (iOS & Android) is the one tool that you can rely on for easy, fast, and safe transfer of everything from old iPhone to new iPhone.